Changes In Reporting Anti Social Behaviour in Sheffield

On Thursday 1 February, there will be important changes to the way Sheffield residents report antisocial behaviour issues.

From this date, you will need to report certain antisocial behaviour issues, such as noise nuisance, non-hate crime related graffiti and lost, stray or barking dogs, to Sheffield City Council, not to South Yorkshire Police. You can do this by calling 0114 2734567 or visiting

A full breakdown of antisocial behaviour issues and whose responsibility these are can be found below:

South Yorkshire Police


Sheffield City Council




Abandoned vehicles / parking issues


Dealing/taking drugs & drinking alcohol in the street


Dead animals


Gangs and youths drinking in parks


Dog fouling


Harassment or intimidation


Fly posting


Fly-tipping (seen happening now)


Dumped, fly-tipped waste

(nobody present)


Hate Crime related graffiti (motivated by prejudice or intolerance towards an individual’s nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability)


Graffiti (General Not Hate Crime related)


Misuse of fireworks


Syringes or needles


Dangerous, out of control dogs


Lost, stray or barking dogs


Threatening or violent neighbour disputes


Noise disputes, nuisance or

DIY related noise


Prostitution and indecent behaviour


Syringes or needles






Suspicious vehicles




Hoax calls to emergency services





From 1 February, if you call the Council 0114 2734567 number out of standard office hours to report concerns for vulnerable adults and children, and matters relating to homeless people, you will be dealt with by a Sheffield City Council call-handler, not a Police call-handler.

For more information on reporting antisocial behaviour issues, and the responsibility of Sheffield City Council and South Yorkshire Police from 1 February, please visit or